Pain...
Some days I notice the quiet things first. My voice that doesn't quite reach the end of a sentence anymore. My hand lingering a little longer on the banister. The distance across the room hasn't changed, but somehow the journey has. It's strange what the body can teach the heart when neither gets a vote.
There comes a point where fighting every loss becomes its own kind of exhaustion. Not giving up. Just... laying down the argument with reality. Grief still visits me a lot. It sits beside me over a cup of tea without saying much. I stopped asking, "Why me?" and begin asking, "How shall I carry today?"
Oddly enough, that question is lighter. Not because the burden weighs less but vecause acceptance doesn't remove pain. It simply stops asking pain to become something it never promised to be. One day I will just not wake up and that is okay as long as the pain stops. Blessings.
Comments
Post a Comment